Navigators Offer FREE Enrollment Help for Obamacare, Medicaid & PeachCare for Kids
The deadline to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is December 15th. That’s nearly six weeks earlier than last year’s deadline. Navigating through the insurance marketplace to sign up for health insurance can be daunting. To help health insurance seekers locate an affordable and appropriate health care plan, Insure Georgia providing FREE enrollment guidance for residents who need help with enrolling in health insurance for 2018.
Certified health insurance navigators will be onsite at Fulton County’s Adamsville and Neighborhood Union health centers to guide residents through the health care market place. The navigators can help Fulton County residents apply for financial assistance, compare health plans, and sign up for insurance. This includes enrollment help with the federally-mandated Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, which is for people who are uninsured or those who work part-time or are self-employed and do not have insurance. For those who sign up by December 15th, coverage will begin on January 1, 2017. To qualify for insurance under the ACA, you must be a resident of Georgia and a U.S. citizen or a U.S. naturalized citizen.
December 13, 2017 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Adamsville Regional Health Center, 3700 Martin Luther King Dr., Atlanta, GA 30331. Phone: 404-613-4215.
December 15 , 2017 2:00 p.m. – 6:0p.m.
- Neighborhood Union Health Center,
- 186 Sunset Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30314. Phone: 404-612-4665.
Six Tips to Expedite Your Health Insurance Enrollment:
- Set up your login and password online at www.healthcare.gov and begin your enrollment application.
- If you do not have access to a computer, the health navigators will assist you in setting up your account and guiding you through the enrollment process via their computers onsite at the health centers.
- Bring official identification.
- Bring proof of current insurance, if any.
- Bring proof of income (recent paycheck stubs, W-2 forms or wage and tax statements) if appropriate.
- Allow 60 – 90 minutes to successfully enroll.
The navigators can also assist income-eligible persons with signing up for Georgia Medicaid and Georgia PeachCare for Kids. Navigators provide unbiased guidance on the health insurance options available on the insurance market exchange. This is a FREE service that is funded by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. ###